Itteringham.com

 

Buildings



The following pages depict a photographic scrapbook of some of the buildings in the village.

The Big Yard
The Bridge & River
The Mill
The Churches
Church Row
The School
The Common
The Shops
Village Hall
Walpole Arms
.
.

Itteringham Bypass


The old Forge 27th June 2004

Church Road with Wolterton Road behind 15th February 2003
The council houses on Church road and on Wolterton road were built in 1951 and it was originally intended that all the new houses would be built along the length of Church road and not on Wolterton Road as well.

Village Green Old Bakehouse
The Village Green December 2001 with the old bakehouse behind that was once run by Mr. Bray

Church Road The Forge
A Cottage on Church Road, March 2002


Wolterton Road c.1910
Wolterton Road February 2002
Note that on the older picture, the road is not surfaced and has no markings and there is no phone box or bus shelter. The shop is not rendered, has a bricked in 1st floor window and no dormer windows.
Manor Farmhouse is sporting a luxuriant growth of wisteria creeper.


 
Manor Farmhouse December 2001
Manor Farmhouse December 2001

Manor Farm yard December 2001

The Mill in the summer of 1938 during conversion.

Wolterton Road cottages Wolterton Road cottages
Wolterton Road looking north east in
December 2001
Wolterton Road cottages
Wolterton Road cottages Wolterton Road cottages
The Original Police House on Wolterton Road
Wolterton Road cottages c.1990

If you have any memories, anecdotes or photos please let us know and we may be able to use them to update the site. By all means telephone 01263 713658 or

 
Copyright © Jonathan Neville 2003
Top of Page Shop Manor Farm House Shop Manor Farm House